5 Summer Prep Tips For Your AC
Summertime is here and the weather is set to warm up. Are you ready for those sunny Burbank days ahead of you? Your AC unit is going to be working overtime to keep you cool but it’s important that you make sure it’s running smoothly and that you’re keeping up with AC maintenance. Preparing for summer can make your air conditioning experience much more pleasant and it’s pretty easy too. At Certified Service, our top priority is your experience with your air conditioning unit and making sure you’re ready for a Burbank summer. We believe that proper air conditioning service is key in keeping your home comfortable. Below are 5 ways you can make sure your AC works to the best of its ability this summer.
1) The first thing you can do to make sure your AC unit is in peak condition is to replace your air filters. Over time, filters can start to collect dust and grime which will lead to decreased airflow. Regular air filter replacements are a great way to make sure your air conditioning unit lasts longer and works better.
2) Another tip is to keep your evaporator and condenser coils clean. After a period of time, dirt can start to overrun your air conditioning unit’s coils which will restrict and insulate them. Once they begin to collect dirt, your AC unit’s coils will gradually lose their ability to absorb heat. To prevent this, keep the areas around your air conditioning unit as free from detritus as possible and clean those coils.
3) You can also consider your different options when choosing an air conditioning unit. One great choice is a heat pump. They work by recycling warm air back into your home as cool air. Heat pumps are energy efficient, which saves you money once your bills start rolling in.
4) You should also check for seal leakage between the AC unit and your window frame. Any moisture that leaks through can have a negative effect on your air conditioning unit. Make sure that there are no cracks in the seal that will allow moisture to escape.
5) Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, hire a Certified Service professional who will come to your home and perform all of these AC maintenance tasks. Improving your mode of living is our number one commitment, so you know you’re getting the best in the business.
Call us today to set up an appointment and get your Burbank summer on track!Tags: ac maintenance, ac repair, air conditioning services, tips